November 1, 2022
Do you feel stressed about Christmas or just want to create a fun stocking filler gift? Here is a playful idea:
Sew a Christmas tree that is also a fun anti-stress tool!
• Wool fabric (Works with other fabrics too)
• Embroidery thread, Red and Gold
• Bobbin thread
• Marble, bead or any type of small ball
• Print out the template and make sure your marble, bead or ball fits. This is a bit depending on the fabric and the circumference of the marble. Test on a scrap piece.
• Cut out two pieces of wool, slightly larger than the pattern.
• For a Christmas tree look, add a few Candle Wicking stitches on a single layer of fabric as ornaments, randomly placed on the tree.
• Pin the pattern on two layers of wool and follow the lines with a straight stitch, starting at the foot of the tree.
• Make sure to add the marble before closing the foot seam.
• Cut around the tree with pinkie shears and it’s done!
Here is the pdf with instruction and pattern